Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Its not easy being green


I like to think of myself as environmentally concious. Recently I put my cardboard boxes into the laundry trough so that they could be wet down to use in the compost heap. The idea being that when I did a load of washing, the rinse water coming out of the machine would wet down the cardboard for me to rip up.

It wasn’t until I walked past the laundry and saw the pool of water snaking its way under the door that I realised the flaw in my plan. Having been away for Easter and unfortunately having to do catchup amounts of washing - I had also put a pile of dirty washing on the floor right over the drainage hole. Not only that but my floor slopes in the opposite direction of the hole!! I had now made myself another load of washing by using every single towel in the house to mop up!

Not really sure how the environment had benefited here; my carbon footprint may actually be one step forward, two steps back…

On the plus side, it’s the cleanest my floors have ever been!

No comments:

Post a Comment